Sunday, September 24, 2023

Holly Jolly & Poinsettia Corner

Hi there. Today, I am sharing a few cards showcasing a couple of Spellbinders latest Better Press sets. I have to say that with al of these sets, my Christmas cards collection grows quite well.

First up is this classic Santa card using Holly Jolly Santa Press Plate set.



I press the Santa image on watercolor cardstock and then i add green and blue watercolor to the background. Let dry and then using one of the arch die from Essential Arches Etched Dies set, I cut the top part above the Santa to create the tag shape. Bottom part I simply create the flag end by cutting it with scissor. For the card background I used Ski Lodge Embossing Folder. Put all the pieces together and finish by adding sentiment and some enamel dots.

Next up is the card I made using Poinsettia Corner Press Plate. I actually made 2 cards using this plate. The first one I used the plat with  the hot foil machine. Yep, the BetterPress plate works pretty well with the hot foil machine.



I simply colored the image with Copic marker as I hot foiled the image to regular cardstock (not watercolor or cotton press cardstock). Once done, I simply trim the panel and adhere to card base. Add sentiment and some rhinestones.

Last but not least, I used the Poinsettia Corner Press Plate again and press the image twice to on each corner of the panel. Watercolor the image, trim the panel and adhere it to card base.



Finish by adding sentiment and some glimmer to the Poinsettia with Stickles. I love the way this card looks in person as the glimmer definitely add fun element to it and who doesn't love a little sparkle on their Christmas card, right?

Okie dokie, that's all I have for today. Hope you enjoy today's Christmas inspirations. Cheers...

No comments:

All The Sentiments

 Hi friends. Today, I hope to bring smile and joy to you through my cards. First up is this card featuring  Dancin' Birthday Dragon from...