Thursday, January 11, 2024

Hummingbird Love

Hi friends. Happy 2024! As we enter this new year, my goal is to spend more time using sets that I purchased but haven't really used. I am sure you all been in my position, where you see sets that you just have to have and then once you get them, they sat in your drawer for the longest time unused. Well, I am challenging myself to change that. At least every 2 weeks, I want to create using set that  is brand new to me. They might be released a year ago or longer, but they still brand new in their package, so, new to me. :)

Not only I find this challenge refreshing, it also give me freedom to just use any sets and combine sets from various different company.

And with that in mind, I want to start this year with this gorgeous Spellbinders Hummingbird and Lily Dies from Bibi Cameron. I love hummingbird and lilies are among my favorite flowers, so when I saw this set, I just had to buy it. And, yep, it sat unopened for the longest time and other new release becomes priority, etc. Well, now I am happy that I actually get to use it!!





I am seriously in love with this set. I actually made 3 cards with this set and will share the others soon. Anyway, with this one, I just die cut everything from white cardstock and then ink blending various inks for the flowers and the bird. Splatter the card base with some gold watercolor and splatter the flower and the bird with some white ink. Finish with sentiment from and old, old set from Papertey Ink.

The way the color come out on the hummingbird makes me happy. So, friends, what do you think of this challenge? Care to play along just for fun? I hope you will and create just for the sake of create. For fun. Not an assignment, just creating because that's something you enjoy. 

May this 2024 be filled with many creative moment and joy for you all. Cheers!!

1 comment:

Lori m said...

Stunning card, hugs, Lori m

All The Sentiments

 Hi friends. Today, I hope to bring smile and joy to you through my cards. First up is this card featuring  Dancin' Birthday Dragon from...