Tuesday, December 18, 2012

May Arts Holiday Blog Hop


Hi everyone and welcome to day 2 of May Arts Ribbonista Blog Hop. All week long all May Arts ribbonista is sharing fun and fabulous holiday projects.  In case you miss yesterday's hop,  you can check it out HERE.

For my post, I decided to make several cards. For the 1st card, I start with this poinsettia  flower card using the grosgrain ivory stripe ribbon (RG46).  The poinsettia was made using my favorite tool ever, Mister Q (my Silhouette love name) and Core'dinations cardstocks.



This card is pretty quick to make. Here's a quick  how to:
1. Cut a strip of ribbon and adhere to card.
2. Cut poinsettia using Silhoutte and adhere to ribbon.
3. Stamp sentiment.


Next, I decided to do wreath cards. This first wreath one I made using sheer dots ribbon (JD46). The circle sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink & the bird is from Paper Smooches. Same poinsettia like above, just in smaller scale.



I made this wreath ribbon for May Arts summer post. In case you miss the post, here's the how to for this card:
1. Cut a circle ring.
2. Cut about 18" long ribbon and add a bit of glue to the back of the circle ring and adhere the ribbon and start wrapping it around the ring (the length of the ribbon would depend on how large your ring and the width of your ribbon. But, for card, I find 1/2" and 5/8" width ribbon work best).
3. Stamp circle sentiment on card.
4. Adhere the wreath to card.
5. Cut poinsettia using Silhouette (or you can also use ready made sticker) and adhere to wreath.
6. Stamp bird, color, fussy cut, and adhere to card.

For  my last card, I went with slightly unusual Christmas color combo by throwing in the light blue color ribbon (JD34). Same step like above.


Of course, you know how generous May Arts is. They're also doing giveaway for the hop. Leave comments along the way and you could win some fabby ribbons. Here's the list of the ribbonista for today's hop:

Jingle 
Karen
Kendra
Vera < --- you are here
Ashley

33 comments:

KellyG said...

Beautiful cards!

Virginia said...

Pretty cards Vera!

Ronda Archangelo said...

Your cards are so nice...especially love the one with the green striped ribbon!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I especially like the wreaths/wrapped circles!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love these... I've got the stamp on the last two cards... love the look of it festive colors.

Jessica Strider said...

What a beautiful poinsettia! And the ribbon wreaths look amazing.

Maria said...

love it all. turned out beautiful

Maria said...

love it. turned out beautiful

C said...

Beautifully created, Vera!

Anonymous said...

I love the wreath cards. The poinsettia's are beautiful. Great job.

Diana Evensen said...

Lovely cards. Very CAS.

Nikki said...

Wow are these so sharp :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These are really lovely. I especially like the green striped ribbon paired with the poinsettia....classic and elegant!

Sue D said...

wonderful cards--I like the poinsettias on all.

mauiquilter said...

I love pointsettieas and truly love how you incorporated them in your designs!

Jackie said...

Your cards are very pretty! I like the pointsettas.

Beatrice Lawson said...

The last card with the blue color combo was so beautiful, I loved it!

Sandy Allnock said...

Lovely CAS cards, wow!! I need to learn to go simple on my holiday cards, I might get done faster :) :) :)
Merry Christmas!

mariangel said...

lovely cards congrats

Chrissy said...

So cute! Love that green stripe ribbon. The wreath looks amazing too.

Anonymous said...

such pretty projects, the ribbon really is amazing!
linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

Karen Wedding said...

Those ribbon wreaths are so cool. I have the circle stamps, so I might have to make some for Christmas cards for next year. The poinsettias looked good too.

D's Paper Studio said...

all are very pretty but the wreath ones are outstanding. great job.

Holly and little people said...

The ribbon wreaths are beautiful, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards! thanks for the inspo.

lauren

chillin with Quillin said...

really lovely cards !!!!
Paula

sharon g said...

Oh how pretty and classic. I love the flower!!!!!!

Jennifer Vanderbeek said...

Those ribbon wreaths and just adorable!

Teresa said...

Love the flower and the ribbon color on the card

Anonymous said...

What an amazing card - great job!

Camille Short said...

I love how you used the ribbon on the first card!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Beautiful cards and love that you made the wreaths out of ribbon!!! So pretty!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

oh, I love that first card Vera! It's beautiful! That flower is gorgeous! I love the 2nd and 3rd ones too...so sweet!

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...